Environmental Risk Assessment Fact Sheets 4 & 5 Now Available
The Nickel Environmental Risk Assessment Fact Sheet series is a resource created by NiPERA, in conjunction with ARCHE Consultancy, to communicate the concepts and outcomes of the EU Environmental Risk Assessment on Nickel and Nickel Compounds to industry, regulatory authorities, and the general public. The purpose of the fact sheets is to assist the reader in understanding the complex environmental issues and concepts presented in the risk assessment by summarizing key technical information and providing guidance for implementation. Currently, five fact sheets are available:
- Data Compilation, Selection, and Derivation of PNEC Values for the Freshwater Compartment
- Data Compilation, Selection, and Derivation of PNEC Values for the Soil Compartment
- Data Compilation, Selection, and Derivation of PNEC Values for the Marine Aquatic Compartment
- Incorporation of Bioavailability in the Freshwater Aquatic Compartment
- Incorporation of Bioavailability in the Terrestrial Compartment
Additional Nickel Environmental Risk Assessment Fact Sheets are under development and will be made available in the future.
Readers who would like to view the Report on EU Environmental Risk Assessment of Nickel and Nickel Compounds in its entirety are directed the following website:
For more information about the Nickel Risk Assessment Fact Sheets or the EU Environmental Risk Assessment of Nickel and Nickel Compounds, please contact NiPERA.