Nickel Use in Society
Nickel Metal - the Facts
How Nickel is Produced
Where & Why Nickel is Used
Materials Selection & Use
Architecture & Construction
Energy & Power
Food & Beverage
Pulp & Paper
Nickel-Containing Materials - Properties
Health Science, Environmental Science & Safe Use
Safe Use of Nickel & Nickel Compounds
Human Health Science
Sustainability & Regulatory Compliance
GHS of Classification & Labelling of Chemicals
Life Cycle Management
Life Cycle Assessments
Life Cycle Data
Nickel Stocks & Flows
Nickel Risk Assessment
Nickel Magazine Vol 31-3 available now in English and Russian!
February 15, 2017
- In this issue of Nickel, we look at the role nickel plays in the food supply chain from the milking parlour, to food and beverage processing equipment and cutlery.
NI supports Joint Declaration on EU Industrial Strategy
February 17, 2017
- The Nickel Institute has joined over 90 EU associations to call for the European institutions and the Member States to create more jobs and growth in Europe.
AVAILABLE NOW: Report from the WS on NACD organized in June in Chicago by the NI!
November 16, 2016
- The summary report from the Workshop on Nickel Allergic Contact Dermatitis organized by the Nickel Institute in Chicago is now available!
Eurometaux launches new website
October 25, 2016
- Eurometaux, the European non-ferrous metals association, has launched its new website this week, giving a modern face for the collective metals industry.
New infographic: Nickel Recycling
October 04, 2016
- Recycling nickel is an important factor in nickel life-cycle and an important contributor to global sustainability.
From words to action
September 22, 2016
- Join Eurometaux on 20 October to debate the future of EU chemicals policy, and possible implications for our sector and others.
New publication - Waste no water
September 20, 2016
- Discover how nickel-containing materials assist at every step of the water system from collection to distribution!
Nickel Magazine Vol 31-2 available now!
August 30, 2016
- This month the latest issue of Nickel magazine looks at how nickel helps to address water scarcity, desalination, distribution networks and more.
Nickel-containing stainless steel pint cups debut at Glastonbury Music Festival
August 03, 2016
- Glastonbury, UK - At the world renowned music festival that took place in June, it's not only music that matters. Organisers and the audience share a common goal to make the event cleaner and greener and this year Michael Eavis, the organiser, worked with Outokumpu Stainless to introduce sustainable, recyclable stainless steel pint cups for beer instead.
Nickel stakeholders gather in Beijing
July 11, 2016
- On 29 June, in Beijing, representatives from China's nickel industry associations, Member companies, downstream users of nickel and research institutes, gathered to discuss the prospects and opportunities for nickel and to enhance cooperation along the nickel supply chain.
US NACD round table examines routes to reducing nickel allergy
June 30, 2016
- On June 23, the Nickel Institute facilitated a workshop on nickel allergy and the path forward to reduce the incidence of nickel allergic contact dermatitis (NACD) in the general population. Held in Chicago, the event gathered leading U.S. dermatologists, scientists, metallurgists, downstream users of nickel, industry representatives and regulatory experts
Available now: report from European Parliament breakfast briefing on EU Industrial Competitiveness
June 24, 2016
- On Wednesday, 1st June 2016 Ashley Fox MEP hosted a breakfast briefing in the European Parliament on “How to maintain and improve EU Industrial competitiveness – a reality check with the nickel and the surface engineering industrial value chain”.
What Do You Need to Know about Nickel Allergy?
May 26, 2016
- The Nickel Institute's infographic is available in English, French, German and Chinese.
Cross-industry group launches website in support of better regulation initiative for chemicals management
May 09, 2016
- The Cross-Industry Initiative (CII), an ad-hoc coalition of nearly 60 EU-wide, national organisations and companies, of which the Nickel Institute is part, has launched a new website at http://www.cii-reach-osh.eu/ to better inform policy makers of its goals and arguments.
New NI publication: The life of Ni
April 26, 2016
- The Life of Ni is a handy reference for anyone interested in nickel, its origins, uses and life cycle.
Nickel Institute appoints Philip Song as Manager Nickel Institute, China
March 08, 2016
- Dr. Philip (Quanming) Song has been appointed as Manager Nickel Institute, China. Philip will be responsible for Market Development and Health & Environment Public Policy in China, and will be Head of the Nickel Institute’s Beijing office.
Tweets by @NickelInstitute